Sunday, September 20, 2009

The End

Today, a friend of mine's horse broke his leg, and due his age, he was really old, he had to be put down. It was very sad. It made me think about how horse people, at least the ones worth knowing, are ridiculously devoted to their horses. There are those who argue that we give them too much, that we are giving more than we receive. These people are wrong. Give a horse enough love, and they will die for you. Literally. I've seen horses do it. And if my horse was sick, I'd do anything, give anything, to make him better. And if it comes down to something he can help in the ring, he'll do it for me. And that's what makes us such a good team, that irreplaceable complete and total trust. I trust him to carry me safely over the jump, and he trusts me to take care of him on the ground. We are the ultimate team. We are trust. We can do anything, as long as we have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment